Taking this course won't help make you better.
It'll help you make friends with yourself as you actually are.
Maitri is the path of developing an unconditional friendliness toward every part of our sweet selves—so that we can be fully available to ourself, our life, our loved ones, and this world.
Maitri is about more than self-care. It's about more than spa days and epsom salts.
It’s about becoming strong, grounded, confident, resilient, relaxed, with a light touch. It's about becoming ourselves.
It’s not about Self-Help—it's not about getting “better”—it's about recognizing the sweet heart that's always been here.
What's inside the course:
3 hours of video lessons.
Join Waylon with wonderful Buddhist teachers Linda Lewis, David Sanford & Sharon Salzberg for exclusive teachings to help you understand and develop your Maitri practice.
4 guided meditations.
Whether you're an experienced meditator or brand-new to the practice, this ordinary wisdom may help illuminate your path.
Teachings to directly change & heal your life's path.
This course isn't philosophical—it's practical. It's about reality, and practice. That means it's there for you whenever (& wherever) the need for fear-dissolving sanity arises—at your desk, or in a relationship, or late at night.
- Maitri is harder—& more helpful—than Self-Care. (7:20)
- Maitri is Tough Love. (2:07)
- The Problem with Positive Thinking. (5:26)
- Bullying, Criticism, Blame, & Toxic Vanity. (13:06)
- Losing Heart is Good News. (4:30)
- Empathy vs. Empath. (14:01)
- Waylon talks with Buddhist meditation teacher David Sanford. (30:28)
- Why & When to Meditate for Maitri. (6:18)
- How to Meditate: Shamata Meditation Instruction. (4:49)
- Guided Shamata Meditation for Daily Use. (9:03)
- Vipashyana Meditation Instruction. (4:55)
- Linda "Mom" Lewis on Unconditional Friendliness & Maitri Practice.
- Sharon Salzberg teaches us how to actually practice Maitri. (26:14)
- Tonglen: A Powerful way to work with Attachment. (12:23)
- Pema Chödrön on Maitri.
- How to Fall in Love with Yourself. (5:01)
- “What’s wrong with me?” Or, 3 Seconds on Regret. ~ Waylon Lewis
- The Simple Buddhist Trick to Being Happy. (3:25)
- Two Buddhist Steps to Cultivate Gentleness toward Yourself.
- How To Be Alone.
- Two Poems for developing Maitri.
- Maitri Reading List.
Your course includes:
Recommended reading list from Waylon Lewis.
Go deeper into the teachings with books from our favorite Maitri teachers (you may even recognize a name or two from your course).
Weekly writing prompts to deepen your Maitri practice.
Optional weekly writing assignments that are exclusive to the live course, and tailored to you and your Maitri practice.
Downloadable audio, video, and text resources.
Want to meditate with Waylon on your lunch break? Need a reminder of your fundamental goodness like right now? We've got you covered.
What if Self-help isn't Helpful?
That's where Maitri comes in.
"I feel like the world needs this teaching."
This course is perfect for anyone going through heartbreak. Honestly, this couldn’t have come at a better time. I found myself nodding along and just feeling so much compassion for myself as I was listening to Waylon and Sharon Salzberg speak. I feel like the world needs this teaching. I can think of so many people who I know would benefit from this. And, I found myself already feeling lighter about my approach to life.
~ Naomi Boshari, Elephant Editor
"I was so immersed I finished it in four days."
The timing of the Maitri self-paced course is a welcome hot cup of coffee or tea with a small wedge of dark chocolate on a stormy day. I dove into this course with both feet, an open heart and an equally open mind. I was so immersed I finished it in four days. But, here is the joy, it is yours, take your time, let days or weeks pass before moving to the next lesson, or take it all in and know you can go back to read, watch, explore.
~ Jann Dolk